Discover all the properties and benefits of apple cider vinegar, an excellent natural remedy and a precious ally for staying fit and healthy.
WHAT IS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND WHAT IT IS FOR
Have you always wondered if there is a food that is good for the body and the same time for the palate? The answer has always been in your pantry, and it’s called apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar, obtained from the alcoholic and acetic fermentation of ripe apples that give rise first to cider and then to vinegar, is a simple condiment in its purity, delicate and with an intense aroma. At the same time, it can be a precious ally for our well-being, for the health and beauty of the body both inside and out!
Everything beneficial and healthy that apples have (which is certainly not so little), is concentrated and maximized in apple cider vinegar, a real elixir of health and virtue. This product, in fact, is not only a refined ingredient to always have in the kitchen, but also a „natural drug“ that can help you in a thousand ways, literally from head to toe!
ENTRUST YOUR WELL-BEING TO UNFILTERED APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
«All that glitters is not gold», so does popular wisdom dictate, and the same goes for apple cider vinegar: once distilled and made clearer and more crystalline, the vinegar has lost most of the healthful substances instead they would make it a real cure – all at the cost of its shiny look! In fact, the best apple cider vinegar is a bit cloudy, with a strong shade, even with some residue and filament on the surface. The unfiltered version preserves all the beneficial properties of the apple, which are found in all parts of the fruit: in the core, in the pulp, and in the skin.
THE BENEFITS OF APPLE VINEGAR FOR HEALTH
The benefits of unfiltered apple cider vinegar for the health and well-being of the body are extraordinary both in number and variety.
For example, the organic acid contained in this vinegar dissolves lactic acid, fighting fatigue, while malic acid relieves joint pain and counteracts the formation of stones.
The use of apple peel in unfiltered vinegar also makes it rich in triterpenoids, which counteract the proliferation of cancer cells.
This vinegar also prevents damage caused by free radicals, delaying cellular aging.
It is also a valuable ally of diets because it helps to burn excess fat by stimulating the metabolism, and consequently to keep weight under control.
It stimulates blood circulation and contributes to the drainage of fat cells and cellulite.
Apple cider vinegar also improves the production of saliva and digestive enzymes, thus promoting digestion and preventing fermentation; for this reason, it is recommended in case of heartburn and slow digestion.
It is also indicated against intestinal bacteria, because it strengthens the immune system. In addition, it tones the lungs and is recommended for steam inhalations: it promotes the expulsion of mucus and kills any pathogens.
Dissolved in water, it is excellent for gargle, relieves heartburn due to canker sores or bleeding gums and toothache, and will make you breathe a deep breath of relief!
To get all these benefits, simply use apple cider vinegar in your diet.
LET’S START WITH APPLES: COMPONENTS AND NUTRITIONAL VALUES
Apples, precious allies to keep the infamous „doctor away“, are fruits rich in:
- pectin, a fiber that helps keep blood sugar levels under control and ensures slow and continuous absorption, also acting as a detoxifier for the body;
- mineral salts including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium, iron and sulfur;
- nitrogen, useful for recovering from intellectual fatigue;
- fluoride, essential for the health of the teeth as it counteracts enzymes that are harmful to the enamel;
- vitamins, in particular vitamin A, vitamin B1 (which fights loss of appetite, fatigue and nervousness) and B2 (which facilitates digestion and strengthens hair and nails), and vitamin C, which allows cellular respiration;
- quercetin, a substance with antioxidant power that protects the lungs;
- fibers, which stimulate intestine laziness, proteins and sugars.
Contained in every 100 grams of apples:
- Calories 38 kcal
- Water 85.2 g
- Carbohydrates 10 g
- Sugars 10 g
- Protein 0.2 g
- Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0 g
- Total fiber 2.6 g
- Mineral salts 4 g
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR IN THE KITCHEN
Its delicate taste and soft hints of wood and flowers make it perfect as a raw condiment on the table: on mixed salads, steamed or baked vegetables, as a vinaigrette or dressing on meats and fish. Discover the combination in our Belgian Endive sald recipe.
Compared to white wine vinegar, commonly used in cooking and as a condiment on the table, apple cider vinegar has a softer taste, which does not cover that of the foods it is combined with.
It can also be used in preserves, where it prevents the formation of botulinum, and in purifying solutions for the body, mixed with water, honey or bicarbonate.
The only side effects of consuming apple cider vinegar can occur as a result of too frequent use or in too high doses. It can be aggressive to the teeth and mouth, ruining the enamel or causing small skin lesions, and if taken in excessive quantities it can cause abdominal pain.
BUT DOES APPLE VINEGAR REALLY MAKE US SLIM?
The answer is yes, luckily for us. Thanks to the action of its chemical components, apple cider vinegar helps burn excess fat and stimulates metabolism. All these effects are consolidated and improved if the vinegar is included in a diet that includes a dosed and constant intake. In addition to the much desired „weight loss“, apple cider vinegar favors many other healthy processes for our body:
- Helps eliminate toxins from the liver, promotes digestion and prevents fermentation, thus avoiding abdominal bloating.
- Combines the detoxifying action with the diuretic action, preventing accumulations of excess fat and liquids.
- Used as a condiment on cooked and raw vegetables, it eliminates salt, a cause of water retention and cellulite.
- It has a high satiating power and helps digest even a heavy meal more easily.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AS „GRANDMA’S“ REMEDY
Natural remedies should never be underestimated, especially in the case of mild discomfort that can, as our grandmothers taught us, be treated independently with simple and home treatments. Apple cider vinegar, for example, is useful to:
- Counteract skin problems, such as juvenile acne and pimples, thanks to malic acid which stimulates the replacement of skin cells. How to use it: dilute 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 2 tablespoons of water and, with the help of a soaked cotton pad, pass it on the skin of the face. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse and, if necessary, moisturize the skin with a cream.
- Relieve the effects of insect bites.
- Defeat mycoses anywhere on the body. How to use it: apply the vinegar directly on the area affected by the fungus with the help of a cotton pad or a cotton swab, or dilute 1 or 2 glasses of vinegar in the tub water before taking a bath.
- Strengthen and degrease the hair, thanks to the mineral salts it contains. How to use it: to stop hair loss and make it grow thicker, add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar per glass of water before washing. In the case of oily hair, use lukewarm water and vinegar at the time of rinsing, which will make it softer and fluffier.
- Strengthen weak and broken nails. How to use it: apply the vinegar on the nails with a cotton pad, and let it act for a few minutes. Repeat the operation (without exaggerating in frequency) until you get visible results.
We have seen many applications of apple cider vinegar, in and out of the kitchen, and – given its many beneficial properties – we can say that apple cider vinegar (possibly unfiltered and organic) should not be missing in any home, especially when we already want to promote healthy and ecological habits in our home.
VARVELLO AND ITS FERMENTED AND FRUITY APPLE VINEGARS
Varvello took apple cider vinegar and turned it into something unique, declining it in multiple versions, each with its own grit and peculiarity. The only constant? The excellent quality of our apples, all certified Italian grown in Piedmont and Trentino, from the Piedmont Alps to the Oriental Dolomites.
It starts with pure “Alta Gamma” Varvello High Vinegar: a skillfully aged, very delicate and fragrant vinegar, aged in barriques for a long period of time. This slow rest is the key to its light but intense content, thanks to which it will accompany your dishes with style and discretion, with notes of wood, flowers and ancient traditions.
The „Linea Oro” Varvello Apple Vinegar is also aged in barriques after a double fermentation of the juice of 100% fresh Italian apples, acquiring a particularly delicate taste with notes of honey, wood and a slight acidity associated with purifying and toning properties. Precisely, for this reason it is one of our healthiest and most beneficial products for the body!
Last but not least, the Varvello home also welcomes Organic Apple Vinegar in two variants: filtered and unfiltered organic apple vinegar. Born from respect for nature (all Italian) and its rhythms, and from a double fermentation of the juice of certified fresh apples from Piedmont and Trentino, left to age in barriques. Authenticity, sustainability and refinement: here lies the true nature of this organic vinegar with notes of wood and forest scents.
To complement, another vinegar with an extra treat: Organic Apple Vinegar with Mother and Honey. From the combination of unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar and honey produced and selected from Piedmont farms, this vinegar with unmistakable sweetness was born. As if that were not enough, the moisturizing and nourishing properties of honey make this vinegar also suitable for use in the field of aesthetics. Try it during your skincare for hydrated skin or deeply nourished hair!
From the union of pure Italian apple juice with apple vinegar, Varvello has also created one of its most precious nectars: the “Alta Gamma” Apple Condiment, a versatile and surprising product, capable of enhancing the fragrance and benefits of the healthy fruit for excellence. With an incomparable sweet and sour taste, it goes perfectly with fresh salads, raw and cooked vegetables, but also with some hard cheeses. In addition, in summer it can become a thirst-quenching drink with an unexpected taste, if you combine a few drops in a glass of water with ice.
Did you know that apple cider vinegar-based drinks are the latest trend in the field of wellness drinks and are increasingly popular all over the world? Thanks to continuous research and study of products and global trends, Varvello has produced the NETTARE REALE range based on pure unfiltered apple vinegar obtained exclusively from certified Italian apples. It is a new drink for daily well-being, based on fermented apple cider vinegar also containing “the mother”, the component that preserves all the qualities and genuineness of this vinegar, as well as giving it an unmistakable taste.
Creativity and innovation branded Varvello has not stop here: after extensive tests, the company has developed four Nettare Reale tonics obtained from joining together a balance of the best unfiltered apple vinegar with aromatic herbs and high quality super-food, selected for their pleasant taste and excellent healing properties. Each ingredient will contribute to your well-being, accompanying you on an exciting taste experience.
Our apple cider vinegar-based tonics are designed for every need and personal taste: the Ginger and Lemon Tonic has great digestive and anti-inflammatory properties; Piedmont Tonic with Peppermint is a pleasant essence that relieves headaches; the Tonic with Honey & Honey Vinegar is instead excellent for strengthening the immune system; the Tonic with Hibiscus (“The tea of the Italians”) helps to combat cardiovascular problems, thanks to the well-known and proven properties of the hibiscus plant.
TONIC WITH GINGER & LEMON (Sicilian Citrus)
- Fights nausea
- Promotes digestion and relieves intestinal disorders
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves attention and concentration
- Natural antibacterial
- Tones the body
TONIC WITH PEOPLE MINT FROM PIEDMONT
- Helps digestion
- Relieves headaches
- Relieves nasal congestion
- Relieves skin irritation
- Prevents bad breath
TONIC WITH HONEY & HONEY VINEGAR
- Strengthens the immune system
- Moisturizes the skin and nourishes the hair
- Purifies the intestine
- Helps cleanse the liver and kidneys
- Natural anti-inflammatory
TONIC WITH HIBISCUS – KARKADÈ INFUSION – ITALIAN’S TEA
- It has a high thirst-quenching power
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps fight cystitis
- Perfect ally against the flu
- Powerful antioxidant
Varvello Vinegar Plant dedicates time every day to the study and research of new flavors with passion and creativity, always faithful to its motto: guaranteeing maximum sustainability and product excellence. The ultimate goal is the pleasure of the palate, but always combined with the well-being of the diners.